Thursday, October 24, 2013

The Recipe Folder

Sitting here going through an large folder of recipes my Granny gave me. Some are hand written by her, some by others, I've picked out some of the hand writing as to where they have came from, others are small booklets Granny has saved from here and there and then the magazine clippings and the crumbly newspaper clippings and whole pages. I'm definatly related to this woman. As I've been collecting recipes for 20 years in this same manner. Trying to decide why she saved this and that, as I know she would have never made some of the things. But, other recipes are very distinctive as to what I remember are some of her favorite flavors. 
I can't wait to make some of the recipes for my family. I know they won't be the exact same as if she made them because when something is made by Grannies hands and the love she poured into making them has a total different flavor than someone else's making the same recipe, but I'll be able to pass on the very recipe that she had once made with my stories attached. 
I've sat a many of times at my Grannies kitchen table and sadly to say she's never had the pleasure to sit at mine, YET. I do intend on changing that fact here soon. Some way, some how, I'll get Granny and my Pawey here to make new memories for me to share with my children and grandchildren.
I'm so blessed to still have two of my grandparents still with me today. ♥  I haven't had much of a chance to visit with them here lately. With taking on this new job over the summer it really has limited my free time. I pray that they continue to have pretty good health. I don't want to think of the day that I only have the memories of them. 

I'm teary eyed just thinking about them. 

~ Farm GirlPin It

No comments:

Post a Comment