Monday, June 10, 2013

Crazy Cake ~ Review

So many recipes floating around and now circulating on facebook lately. Seems like the new craze. Beings I promised my husband a cake since none of us liked the previous cake I made and it was one I found on another facebook page, I just can't remember what one, at the moment, anyhow I made him another. Thinking I can't go wrong with chocolate.

So one of my facebook friends (Heather) posted Crazy Cake ~ Wacky Cake from It's a MOM thing yesterday. It looked pretty simple, I have all the items in my pantry and it is a one pan deal. Perfect size considering i'm trying to limit the sweets that I make and we consume. Not to terribly a lot of sugar either.

So here's what I think about about. Minimal dishes to wash (awesome), all staples in the pantry (even better). Chocolate (a way to my husbands heart is through his stomach). Cook time was spot on for my stove. Cake raised and was fluffy and moist (I really love that). Excellent flavor!!  Four thumbs up from my family.

So here's the recipe

Crazy Cake ~ Wacky Cake
1-1/2 cups flour
3 Tbsp. cocoa (unsweetened)
1 cup white sugar
1 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
1 tsp. white vinegar
1 tsp pure vanilla extract
5 Tbsp. vegetable oil
1 cup water

Directions
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.

Mix first 5 ingredients in a greased 8" square baking pan. Make 3 depressions in dry ingredients - two small, one larger (see in photo #3 above). Pour vinegar in one depression, vanilla in the other and vegetable oil in third larger depression. Pour water over all. Mix well until smooth.

Bake on middle rack of oven for 35 minutes. Check with toothpick to make sure it comes out clean. Cool. Frost with our favorite frosting. Enjoy!

Tip- You can double this recipe; just use a 9x13 baking pan.

Have you tried any of the recipes you've seen on facebook lately? Share here some of your favorite recipes.

~ Farmgirl



Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment