Friday, April 12, 2013

Crabby Cakes

This is a recipe that I have been fixing for a long while. Its my twist on Joe's Crab Shacks Crab Cakes.  I have never eaten there but I found a recipe online and added my own twist to it.I usually serve it with soft fries and a salad.  


2/3 cup mayonnaise
3 large eggs
2 teaspoons lemon juice
2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
1 teaspoon black pepper (may use less depending on your liking)
1/4 teaspoon salt
1-2 tablespoons Old Bay seasoning
1/4 teaspoon crushed red peppers
1/2 cup parsley, rough chopped
2 1/2 cups bread crumbs, (Italian style Progresso)
1/2 small onion, finely chopped
2 stalks celery, finely chopped
2 lbs crab meat (may use imitation if desired)

Mix all ingredients together. Add more bread crumbs if too wet.
Form into 4 oz patties.
Coat in flour if desired and fry in deep skillet in 1/2 inch oil. Fry till they have a little crisp to them. Drain on paper towels.

Makes approx 12-16 patties.



Pin It

1 comment:

  1. These look great. I love crab cakes!! Ill have to try this!!

    ReplyDelete