Monday, December 30, 2013

Husband update

I just don't know how time gets away from me so fast. Seems like just yesterday I had posted. Anyhow, after many doctor visits, squeezing and cutting, stuffing and un-stuffing we have finally been told that the infection is gone! You just don't know how relieved I am to hear this. This is the best news I have heard in a long while. Although, this is not over now we have the healing to get through. I'm hoping that it fills in properly and don't leave much scar tissue. The last time he had this it left a large dark purplish scar on the inside of his arm.

We have been trying to figure out where he has contracted this again. I would assume it was at work since he is a diesel mechanic. I'm thinking about taking some bleach and antibacterial whips to his work and clean all his tools and tool box. Anything that I can soak in bleach water I will, anything that is electrical I'll just whip down. I think I will also buy the whips and leave them at work for him to whip down as he puts everything away each night. I don't know I'm just trying to safe guard him a little. This has been an expensive venture and I don't care to repeat it over and over.

Anyhow, with everything that has gone on good news from all the doctors for the three very important men in my life.

Remember me talking about my daddy. Well he had surgery in October to remove his big toe due to gangrene. It has healed beautifully. He had surgery on his heal November 18 to remove part of it and then skin graphs to repair it. They also took skin cancer off his nose and skin graphed it. His nose has healed good and is about done healing. His heal is doing great. Dr said he is about 80% healed.

Now my son had total ACL replacement and meniscus removal. He has done excellent. He returned back to high school right after thanksgiving break. He has been in therapy since Thanksgiving break and is doing well. They are so surprised how well he is doing. I guess being 16 has a lot to do with it.

So all great news to end a crazy 2013!

Hope all is doing well with you and yours!

FarmgirlPin It

No comments:

Post a Comment