Sunday, May 26, 2013

Good friends; Good eats

I found out mid last week that I was going to have weekend visitors. My good friend Diane and her husband, Calvin was coming to my house. OMG! I just couldn't believe it. I thought for sure that if they got a chance to take a mini vacation that they would of went to the beach, but instead they were coming to see me. I felt special.
This is from our visit in Jan 2013.
See I met Diane and Calvin on-line about the same time we moved back to WV, so that's been nearly 9 years ago. We chatted on-line 6 years before we got to meet for the first time in person. This weekend was the third time we've got together. We went and visited them down in VA in January.

This weekend we got to sit around and visit. We all went out for a little bit. I just hated that my husband missed almost all of it because he was working. Next time we'll have to do some planning so we all can visit. I foresee a trip in my near future.

I cooked up a storm just prior to their arrival. Saturday we had pulled pork sandwiches, pasta salad, coleslaw, baked beans, and strawberry pie. On Sunday I made beer-brined chicken, salad, and corn on the cob. Diane surprised me with a homemade carrot cake, which is my favorite. It was a great weekend filled with laughter and food. What a way to end the month of May.

I hope everyone had an enjoyable weekend.

~ Farmgirl



Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment