Sunday, December 11, 2011

Sweet Rewards ~ Homemade peanut butter cups

Had an urge to make something sweet today. But, in order for me to make the sweet yummy goodness I bribed  my husband and son to cut all the venison meat off the bone for me. Something I really dislike doing. I held my end of the bargain up so they had to do their part. 


I know that my husband has a weakness for chocolate and peanut butter and I used it to my advantage. 


Step two adding the peanut butter filling.


He just can't pass up milk chocolate and the smooth creamy sugary peanut goodness! 


Step three covring the peanut butter filling with remaining chocolate.


Good thing about Christmas time, its easy to score good chocolate and peanut butter on sale. 


Homemade peanut butter cups are so darn awesome!! Whats even better they are so darn easy to make. So do yourself a favor and take a few minutes out of your busy day and make up a batch of these awesome peanut butter cups!


Peanut butter cups after they have chilled out in the fridge.


Chocolate Peanut Butter Cups
Makes 12

1 (11.5 ounce) package milk chocolate chips, divided
1 cup peanut butter
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/2 cup confectioners' sugar


Trim 12 paper muffin cup liners to half of their height.
Place 1/2 chocolate chips in a microwave safe container. Microwave for 2 minutes, stirring after each minute. Spoon melted chocolate into muffin cups, filling halfway. With a spoon, draw the chocolate up the sides of the cups until evenly coated. Cool in the refrigerator until firm.
In a small bowl, mix together peanut butter, confectioners' sugar and salt. divide into the chocolate cups. Melt the remaining chocolate, and spoon over peanut butter. Spread chocolate to edges of cups.



Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment